To experience the perfect weekend getaway, you just need to travel 3-4 hours away from Manila. The perfect place for that is Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon!
Cagbalete Island is under the municipality of Mauban in the province of Quezon on the eastern Pacific side of the Philippines.
At Mauban Port, proceed to the Tourism Information and Ticketing Booth. Pay the Php 40.00 terminal fee and the Php 30.00 environmental fee.
Public boats are available at the port but with specific time only, for M/B Neneng or Motorize Banca, 10:30AM is the available schedule for online reservation at BIYAHEROES. For groups, you can also hire private boats that will provide rides back and forth from Mauban port to the resort you are going to stay with.
Where to stay:
There are so many resorts available in Cagbalete Island to accommodate you, different resort booths will be found also in Mauban Port for you to choose where to stay.
How to get there:
1. Kamias to Mauban Terminal (bus): Fare is 328 pesos. You can Book your bus tickets at BIYAHEROES.COM via Jac Liner.
- Jac Liner has 3 daily trips from Kamias Terminal going to Mauban: 4:00AM, 11:30AM and 2:30PM.
2. Mauban terminal to Mauban Port (trike): Fare is 10-20 pesos
- From Mauban Terminal to Mauban Port is not less than 15 minutes only, but the best way to get there is to ride a tricycle with very accommodating drivers.
3. Mauban port to Cagbelete port (public boat): Fare is 100 pesos. You can Book your boat tickets at BIYAHEROES.COM via MB Neneng.
- M/B Neneng has 2 daily trips going to Cagbalete Port: 10:30AM is the only schedule available for online reservation via Biyaheroes and 4PM is their last trip.
What to do in Cagbalete Island: Island Hopping. Is one of the activities that you will enjoy in Cagbalete Island. The sand is almost white and fine. The water is clear with an amazing view of nature.
Snorkeling. You can dive into the sea where you can see corals, schools of fish, and other sea creatures. This activity is good for swimmers and non-swimmers because lifejackets are provided by tour organizer.
Sand Bar and Mangrove Forest. the best time to go to the sandbar are when the sea is in low tide to appreciate the beauty of this place. In the same place, you will also see the Mangrove Forest.
Traveling back to Manila is through the same route;
From Mauban port just ride a trike going back to Mauban Terminal
From Mauban Terminal of Jac Liner you can ride a bus going back to Manila. Available schedule for online reservation is 2PM only via Biyaheroes.